WEEKLY WISHLIST #6 | AUTUMN BEAUTY

hair mask // toner // face mask // cleanser // soap // lipstick // eye palette // foundation // mascara

Okay so essentials may be a bit of a stretch? These are the items I have been lusting over for days, weeks, months, and the autumn would be a perfect time to introduce them. I have combination skin which is pretty balanced provided I'm eating healthy and weather permitting. While the summer brings slight oiliness and chin spots, the colder months can lead to it straying from combination to the dry side of the scale and so begins the flaking and slight dry patches.

Coco and Eve is probably the most saturated product on the blogger market right now. Every big blogger is using it and I'm not gonna lie, I want to try it. No doubt they're all getting paid  more than I earn in a month to talk about it, yet I'm still bought in by the before and and after pictures. I don't really use hair masks, my hair isn't particularly dry although it has been a little dull recently and I imagine this will only worsen in the autumn/winter seasons. Hopefully this lives up to the hype.

Equally as hyped, by bloggers and regular customers alike is the Pixi Glow Tonic. Confession: I have never used a toner before. My skin has always edged on the dry side of combination skin and toners, in my opinion, are only necessary for oilier skin types. The idea we're sold of needing a skincare routine compromising of a cleanser, toner and moisturiser is frankly a cheap marketing ploy, in my humble and slightly educated opinion. So I've stayed away from toners until this Pixi one tempted me with its claims of gentle exfoliation and ridding me of my dull, dead skin cells.

In further attempt to nourish my dry, dead skin I have been eyeing up the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask. Every time I go onto Cult Beauty I see this, imagine my future self's glowing baby skin, add it to my basket and then realise I have a Lush face mask that's a fifth of the cost and move on with my life.

Sick of cream or milk cleansers, the Emma Hardie balm caught my eye. I'm not sure whether it is necessarily any better for the skin in Autumn/Winter time, I'm just looking for something quick and easy. Plus it comes with a muslin cloth which is much more environmentally friendly than cotton pads or, even worse, wipes. With the environment in mind, I decided this Lush sea salted caramel bar of soap will be much more sustainable than the usual shower gels I opt for. Plus, what sounds more autumnal than a caramel scented bar of soap.

After this skin has been nourished, let's cancel all that hard work out by piling on plenty of gorgeous autumn toned makeup. Since my last beauty wishlist I have still yet to try a Fenty Beauty product, and aside from the renowned foundation, this gorgeous classic red lip paint that is being raved about online. Red is such a year round colour, but autumn definitely lends itself to deeper lip colours and straying away from the pink and nude tones. Keeping in theme of autumn colours, this Huda Beauty palette is full of gorgeous red, orange and yellow shades. Huda Beauty is another brand I have never tried a product from so it's long overdue.

Autumn/Winter is when the full coverage foundations come out. I've never used a stick foundation, but thought it time to try it. I still haven't found the perfect cruelty-free foundation, yet. There are some pretty good contenders, so I just have to persist in trial and error. After all it took me nine years to find my perfect foundation, so trying to find a cruelty-free alternative won't be any easier. I've seen a few vloggers use the Anastasia Beverly Hills foundation and it looks gorgeous so I'm hoping it suits my skin too.

This last item is a long time overdue. I have been scraping around the edges of my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara for almost two years. I know you're meant to stop using them after six months of opening, but I'm a cheapskate. No way I am binning a €25 mascara when it's still working perfectly well. Tarte mascaras seem to be raved about and I like a mascara that provides length, volume and definition. Not a fan of natural lashes in a makeup look. I was considering repurchasing the Too Faced mascara, however they're now owned by a parent company, Estée Lauder. Although they are ethical in terms of their animal testing policies (they're cruelty-free and vegan), there has been some controversy around Jerrod Blandino and the way he has behaved. I'm just not sure I want to give my money to that.

That's it for my autumn beauty and skincare wishlist. Any recommendations of products you love? What's on your wishlist this season?

Leave a comment below and thanks for reading!

Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter

Comments