ETHICAL + IRISH | NÍA NATURAL BEAUTY REVIEW


To kick off 2020, and my new blog series, with a bang is Clare-born brand Nía. Created by Celia O'Grady, a qualified beauty therapist and health fitness instructor, Nía offers a range of natural, organic products at an affordable price. To me, the range offered by Nía focuses on quality and not quantity. So many brands are constantly creating new ranges of skincare products, hopping on whatever the latest skincare trend is and when you visit their website you are inundated with choosing between an array of products that all seem rather similar to each other. Nía has a few ranges with a small amount of high quality products.


Photographed above is the Firming Body Balm which costs only €24.95 and luckily they were offering a great deal and I got the Firming Scrub Bar (€12.95) for free. The body balm came in a box when I purchased it, however it appears from the website that the balm no longer comes in the box. I imagine this is a focus on sustainability.

As for the quality of the products, I was greatly impressed. The scrub bar gently exfoliates the skin with it's poppy seeds and is so moisturising at the same time thanks to the cocoa butter in it. The balm really impressed me too. It has an unusual texture, but in a good way. It is almost like butter, not the texture of other body butters, it is creamy like actual butter. I noticed it had a blurring effect on my stretch marks within a week, and definitely made an impact on them overall. I do think for anyone looking to get rid of stretch marks permanently you would probably need a product with an active ingredient in it, maybe something from a brand like The Ordinary or Nip+Fab.

What drew me to the brand initially was how ethical the brand is. I contacted them and got confirmation from them that they do not test on animals, nor do their supplies. They aren't owned by a parent company and they do not sell their products in China or buy any raw materials from China. Everything is manufactured on their premises in Kilrush, Co. Clare. 

They are vegan.
They are cruelty-free.

There packaging from what I've seen seems to be plastic free, or very minimal plastic and so is recyclable. Plus since the brand is all-natural, they stay away from micro-beads. I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about the brand. Plus, by spending your money with Nía you are helping to support a small business owner, and an Irish business.

Visit their website here and take a look for yourself.

What brands would you like featured next? Have you tried any Nía products? Comment below and let me know.



Comments