SHOP ETHICALLY | REAL TECHNIQUES + REVIEW BRUSH CRUSH COLLECTION VOLUME II

If you haven't heard of Real Techniques by now, allow me to fill you in. It's the creation of two sisters, Sam and Nic Chapman. Their brushes are staple in most makeup lovers arsenal and for good reason too. They're an affordable high-street brand and the quality of them is unrivaled. They started out with their original brushes which you may recognise from their orange, pink and purple handles, however since then they have released unique collections to such as the Bold Metals range and the Powder Bleu collection.

The brushes featured in the photo are their new Brush Crush Collection Volume II. Holographic and galaxy inspired these brushes are the shiny, tacky tools of my dreams. I've seen a lot of negative comments about the appearance but I think they're gorgeous. I do understand though, compared to Powder Bleu, they don't look nearly as expensive or luxurious.

Just like their previous collections though the quality is incredible. I bought four brushes from this current collection: the 300 (powder), the 301 (foundation) , the 302 (blush) and the 304 (fan). The brushes are all super soft and apply makeup like a dream. The angle and size of the foundation brush means it applies foundation quickly and precisely and even works wonders applying concealer and cream contour. The powder brush is large and fluffy, it's essentially their original powder brush with a new design.

The blush brush applies blush flawlessly, I would probably use it for contouring, however it did apply blush nicely and that's saying something because I hate wearing blush. Finally, the fan brush actually made me reconsider my stance against them. I had previously tried the Zoeva 129 Luxe Fan brush and was immensely disappointed. The Real Techniques one is much smaller and denser meaning it can actually fit into most highlighter pans and applies the highlighter much heavier than the Zoeva brush. It's probably still a bit too natural for me, I prefer to go out looking like the tin woman so I'll stick to my usual highlighter brush.

Not only are Real Techniques amazing quality, but they are a trusted ethical brand.

They are cruelty-free.
They are vegan.
They adhere to fair labour practices.

The only unethical thing about the brand is how much plastic they use. I couldn't believe when I was unpacking my brushes how much plastic they use for a makeup brush. It's one thing to package them in plastic boxes, but to find more plastic holding them in place within the box just blew my mind. I guess paper and cardboard packaging doesn't look as presentable, but I would love to see Real Techniques do something about this.

For proof of Real Techniques cruelty-free status you can check PETA's website and see that they use the bunny logo, and you can also check their FAQ section on their website.

What brands would you like to see featured next? Comment below and let me know.

Thanks for reading!



Comments